What is Ceralun?Ceralun is a high-performance, two-component ceramic epoxy composite especially developed for the application of Swarovski products. Ceralun offers totally new design possibilities for jewelry, apparel, watches and interiors. As a versatile alternative to glue, Ceralun is an essential material for innovative creation, enabling designers in jewelry, fashion and interior sectors to push the boundaries of design.
What are the Key Features of Ceralun?• Specifically developed and tailored to embed foiled and unfoiled Swarovski crystals
• High level of hardness, rigidity and shock absorbance
• Resistant to perspiration, humidity or climatic changes and shows no aging
• Allows new design possibilities
• Perfect material to generate a large variety of surfaces and structures
• Applicable on 3D-shaped surfaces
• Alternative solution to gluing
Which Swarovski Products are Suitable for Application with Ceralun?• Round Stones
• Fancy Stones
• Flat Backs No Hotfix
• Crystal Pearls
How to Use Ceralun
Ceralun has optimal adhesive characteristics for applications on metal, glass, crystal, gluable plastic surfaces, rubber, wood, cork, and porcelain, unless the materials do not have the right surface tension. Consider the following steps before, during and after the application process:
What is the Best Way to Make Jewelry Using Ceralun Epoxy Clay?
1. Check surface tension and pre-treatment
2. Ensure correct component dosage and mixture, followed by crystal Chaton setting
3. Select a processing method – choose between free forming, the stamping technique and 3D silicone molds
4. Monitor the hardening time during the curing process
When working with Ceralun it is important to follow all the application steps in the correct order to ensure the best results. Crystals might detach if steps are not followed properly. The process may not be successful for the following reasons: inappropriate areas of application, the wrong mixing ratio of the two components or not mixing them together long enough until a homogenous appearance is achieved.